The prewar Martin 1T is all done. I took it outside to get some decent pictures of it.
You can see one spot on the lower bout, bass side, where the finish is gone from arm wear.
This is a "12 fret" model. At some point after WWII, Martin switched to have 14 frets clear of the body. Unfortunately, they never put serial numbers on their ukuleles, so precisely dating them is dependent on their features.
Those scratches just give it some cool mojo I think.
It's a lot louder and brighter than my other Martin from about the same time period. I think the neck reset did wonders for its tone.
Again, no cracks at all. Most of the finish was gone from the neck, so I put about 12 coats of Tru-Oil on it. It made a perfect match with the finish on the back and headstock.