I want to level the spruce patches I put on so that I can start doing the carve on the neck heel for the reset.
Now that I have some good chisels, I'm getting brave with them. I used one of them to shave off the bulk of the excess height of the patches. Look at those shavings!
I also sanded off the old glue that was remaining from under area that was covered by the fingerboard extension.
You'll also see a small patch to the right of the bigger patches. A small bit of spuce got torn out when the neck came off, so I made a new patch to fit it.
And yes, that little divot is the way the dovetail was carved.
It's starting to look a lot less ugly. Whoo hoo.