Crawls Backward (When Alarmed)

IconProjects, musings about guitar builds, guitar repairs, vintage tube amplifiers, old radios, travel, home renovation, and other stuff.

Modding the Small Stone Feedback Color Circuit

The feedback loop is now fixed!  I put a 10K resistor back in for R42 (in the input stage), and then put a 25K pot in to sub for R11 in the feedback loop.  With the feedback on, I adjusted the pot until the squealing went away, and then measured the pot's resistance - about 6.1K.

So then I put a 6.8K resistor in series with a 25K pot.  That allows me to adjust the feedback for different tones, and it won't feed back even at the maximum setting.

Now I just need to figure out how to stuff the board and all the other junk into a Hammond 1550BB box. 

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment