A lot of times these projects go off onto tangents before the main part of the work can get done.
Couple of cases in point here. There are some small tasks to take care of before I can set to carving the neck for the reset.
The neck on the Guild is maple, and there is a laminated piece of contrasting-color wood - it may be walnut - set into it. I just love that look.
However, the lamination on the heel end separated a bit during the steaming to get the neck off. So I need to reglue it.
I'm using a 1.2mm needle in the syringe to inject the glue into the open seam. I thinned the glue a bit this time, and I was able to easily pull it up into the syringe.
This is way more glue than I need.
Then I shot the glue down into the joints.
You might be able to see some of the glue squeeze-out that ran down the heel.
The pressure also cracked one of my newly-made cauls...no big deal.
So I put it in the vise with some cauls, glued it up and cranked it back together.
The binding around the fingerboard extension also popped off. I tried to be careful with it, but it's probably better that it's off - it was just getting in the way since it was hanging loose for the most part. I'll just reattach it later.