The parts are all finished. Really simple to put it together.
A side note: don't use galvanized carriage bolts if you want to thread something onto them. I found out the galvanizing makes the threads nearly impossible to, well, thread. At least onto the brass inserts on these knobs. So I wound up using regular zinc plated bolts.
Tighten the bolts and then the center compression bolt is used to press upward on the bottom of the neck heel as needed.
The slots allow for adjustment/alignment of the compression bars.
I got all the hardware from McMaster-Carr and spent a pleasant 20 minutes on their web site deciding what type of knobs (and what colors) to use.
On the cutout for the neck - I made this deeper than it was designed on the plans. As designed, there wasn't enough depth for the fingerboard extension to clear the jig when the neck is removed.
You can also see the slots for the rear compression bar.
The orange knob controls the center stud's pressure on the neck. I put a vinyl cap over the exposed threads to protect the neck cap. Unfortunately, I had to buy a bag of 100 from McMaster-Carr. So I have 99 caps left for other projects.
You can also see the cork attached to all of the surfaces that will touch the guitar body.
Next up - putting this puppy to use on a Guild neck reset.