Crawls Backward (When Alarmed)

IconProjects, musings about guitar builds, guitar repairs, vintage tube amplifiers, old radios, travel, home renovation, and other stuff.

Chickens Come to Visit Again

You may recall that my neighbor keeps some chickens...er, shikkens.  There apparently was a turnover in the shikken coop - these are different ones.

I tink de racoons gotten to some o'dem.  Also de neighborhood cats dat wander aroun, dey may have got to dem also.

She had 5 originally, then there were like 2.  Now there are 4, and they are different ones.

Anyway, the three most adventurous ones came through a hole in the fence for a visit recently.  I was raking leaves and I heard "buck..buck..buckbuck."  I turned around to see 3 of the shikkens. 

These shikkens are much faster than the old ones.  Fast as in I cannot catch them.

I had to lead them to their pen (their backyard) instead of picking them up.  I just did the mother hen thing:  "buck...buckbuck" and they followed me.

Dey not too smart.


 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment