Crawls Backward (When Alarmed)

IconProjects, musings about guitar builds, guitar repairs, vintage tube amplifiers, old radios, travel, home renovation, and other stuff.

Easy as Cake Guitar Case Storage Compartment Handle

Many years ago the little handle/loop thingy on the storage compartment box in the Epiphone case came off.  I meant to fix it, but I never did.  And then, the guitar sat for a long time, so I totally forgot about it.

The guitar is going off to my niece for a birthday present, so I need to fix the loop.

Actually, I'm making a new one.  It's so easy even I can do it!

Whatcha need is one strip of fabric - preferably leather, but I used vinyl.  The fabric store only sells leather by the half-cow length, and that was way more than I wanted.  So vinyl it is.

I cut a strip about 1 inch (25mm) by 5 inches (1.25cm).  (Isn't this metric thing fun?  It's so...logical!)

In a previous post, I mentioned the punch I bought.  It didn't work on that project (punching an Altoids tin), but I knew I'd need it for something else.

Using my handy punch, I put some holes in the vinyl.

How easy is this?

Then I slip the new handle over the existing rivet in the case.  Voila!  New handle!


 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment